Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Your Stories Are GREAT!


It’s a good thing I keep a spare set of keys for these handcuffs in my pocket. That silly publisher thinks I can’t get free, but I can. An editor needs a break every now and then, you know? (And a sundae!)

Speaking of sundaes, I’ve certainly earned them. I’ve been reviewing lots of terrific stories and have to congratulate all of you on a job well done. We’ve received quite a variety, from both new authors and established authors, from quite a variety of locales too. It’s going to be hard to have to pick out the few that will be published in the inaugural issue of An Honest Lie. I may have to resort to the old reliable method of eenie-meenie-miney-moe in order to choose those well-earned few!

Ah, so many great stories, so little time to make a decision. My deadline of June 15th is fast approaching. When it arrives, I’ll have lots of letters to write and stories to edit … guess I’ll be burning the midnight oil. I may have to get my new assistant a pair of roller skates so she can make those trips to the ice cream shop in record time. Oh, didn’t I tell you I have a new assistant?

She’s really smart and very clever, and I know she’s going to be a huge help. Her name is Rhia Johnson (same last name as mine … how sweet is that?) She holds a master’s degree in Library Sciences and brings with her years of experience in education. More importantly, she has good connections at the ice cream shop.

Ah, I think I hear the publisher heading my way. I’d better put those handcuffs back on. I’ll be back as soon as he leaves. I want to talk a little on tips for all you writers who are interested in submitting for Volume Two of An Honest Lie. Oops, here he comes … gotta dash! Keep up the good work, and check back soon!

* * *

www.anhonestlie.wordpress.com

No comments: