Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Mailbox is OPEN !


Yes, our mailbox lid is open, hanging, dangling, like an open mouth awaiting a morsel. (Greedy little bugger!)

I guess that means I’m going to get really busy. The Publisher has put the word out, and The Great Submission Rush will soon begin.

Yes, I’ll get to meet a lot of great writers; but honestly, I don’t know where I’ll put them. My desk is stacked to the brim already.

I’ve spent days looking for that folder I titled “submissions,” the folder I’ll be putting your stories in … the folder that will probably accompany me wherever I go.

I know it’s here somewhere, under all these pieces of paper. I guess when I find it I’ll have to tape it to my forehead. I might have to tape this blog to my forehead too.

As I was saying …

As you may expect, we’ve been terribly busy getting this inaugural issue together. I personally have typed my fingers to the bone. The illustrator has turned blue. The typesetter has left the building. I don’t think he’s coming back. And truthfully, if The Publisher gets any more excited about it, none of the rest of us will be able to stand it. So, in the end, we’d all be much better off here if someone would just give him an ink pen to play with ... please.

Where was I? Ah, yes. We know you have some splendid masterpieces ... just the type of thing we’re looking for, those quirky, unusual things that only your inner child could come up with. And we’d like to see them.

Please don’t make me beat them out of you. I’m too tired. Just stick them in the mailbox, okay?

Oh, there’s the phone again. I have to run! You get back to work on that story; and by the way, if you haven’t checked out our website yet, you should. It explains everything I’m not going to here.


http://www.anhonestlie.wordpress.com/

No comments: