Encouraging the Delinquency of your Inner Child
Then there was:
So what's next?
Yes, bring out your cavemen, your bunnies, your cute and fuzzy forest critters, your ogres, goblins, gods and goddesses, and any beings your imagination can imagine!
An Honest Lie is looking for stories for the fourth volume of it's annual print anthology. This year's theme is “ Petulant Parables.”
The submission mailbox is still open, so you have time to send us a story!
This year’s theme, “Petulant Parables,” was chosen so we’d all have a fun reason to dribble our ink all about. Yes, indeed! Of course, your story doesn’t have to be fun, or happy. It could be scary, or ominous, eerie, adventurous, mysterious, sad, magical, mystical, or 360 degrees in a completely different direction!
Here's what we need:
Your story must be:
- A fiction story, 3,000 to 6,000 words, that is a parable, a fable, or a moral lesson short story. It can be classically written, or in a modern style.
- It has to have petulance within it; a petulant plot, petulant characters, action/decisions, or something petulant that is critical to the plot.
- It must NOT be an essay. We want short stories.
- It must be submitted in a legible 14pt font.
- It must be in a .doc, .docx, or .odf (Open Office) file, attached to your email submission. Do not put your story in the body of the email.
Your story must have:
- A creative setting. It doesn’t have to take place in this universe, dimension, or alternate reality; within this or any other time period; or revolve around a specific species, being, or group of beings/species.
- An imaginative, well-defined plot with a nice punch at the end. (The moral of your story can - but does not have to be - stated at the end of your story. It does, however, have to be incorporated somewhere within your story.) We do like to see a strong punch at the end - something unique, unusual, and will make the reader say, "Wow!"
And finally, please keep your story clean. No profanity or sexually explicit scenes - No political commentaries, testimonials, religious manifestos, travelogues, poetry, or "gorror"-horror stories.
With your submission, please include:
- Full Legal Name
- Nom de Plume
- Email and Regular Mail Addresses
- A Short Bio (about 100-200 words)
E-mail your submissions to: email@example.com.
Deadline for Submissions is March 15 2012. (may be subject to extension)
Limit of two pieces for consideration unless asked for more.
Please also let us know how you heard about us!
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
If you have any questions, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, please visit our websites below to get more info on our books and products, our online shopping, to read interviews with our authors, see story excerpts, learn more about what’s up, and more:
Thanks for stopping by!
We're looking forward to receiving your story!